2020 Rules updated:
• Slander/abuse towards the club, other members, bailiffs, committee or pools will not be tolerated; constructive criticism is acceptable given the discussion doesn’t become nasty and light hearted banter is encouraged.
• Swearing will not be tolerated, we’re a community club with a lot of younger members they hear enough swearing on the streets and they do not need to see it on here, I’m sure everyone can string a sentence together without swearing.
• Racism will not be tolerated regardless of the context and will get you removed from the page/club
• All members must have a valid EA Rod license and a club ticket to fish any of the club waters
• Respect other members, bailiffs and general public.
• Drinking is allowed on the pool, however this must be done in moderation
• Zero tollarance to drug use on any of our waters.
• Minimum 30″ Landing net if targeting carp, please carry an adequate landing net regardless if your fishing for bits, as you never know what’s going to bite.
• No fish to be kept in retention slings for any prolong period of time
• Peanuts/tiger nuts or any other non-biodegradable baits are not
• No rods to be left unattended in the water at any time regardless of the situation.
• Live bait is allowed, however bait must be caught from the pool you are fishing.
• No litter to be left, if you are caught leaving litter on your peg, your membership will be revoked.
• Fish care kits are to be carried and used when appropriate
• Unhooking mats to be used for all carp and larger fish.
• No fish to be left unattended e.g. on mats, slings or with people
• No bad language to be shouted or shouting in general around the pools
• All waters have a 2 Rod Maximum
• Fires are strictly prohibited, however BBQ’s are allowed along as they’re kept off the floor.
• No beach casting methods to be used.
• Please keep fish wet at all times, and make sure all mats and slings are wet when weighing/unhooking the fish
• All fish must be returned to the water, fish are not to be removed or moved from pond to pond.
• Motor vehicles (Bikes/Cars/Quads/scooters) are strictly prohibited from all pools (unless disabled or bailiff access to the burley/Big Pool/Canal pool)
• No standing up or carrying fish back to the water’s edge without using a net or weigh sling, this also applies for taking photos.
• No keep nets to be used while night fishing, they are allowed during the day, but only for small fish. (5lb or below)
• Pathways around the pools are private property, and are to treated as such
• Chesterton Community Angling Club accepts no responsibility for parking fines acquired by members who park in the incorrect place (Parking is by the Canal Pool & Hooters Hall Lane)
• Night fishing is allowed on all the pools, Night fishing is for over 18’s only unless accompanied by a full adult member (18+) a night stamp will be required which is an extra £5 a year
• Night Fishing MUST be booked via the The Chairman (Stuart Stockton) 07826542267 in hours (8am-5:30pm)
**********Failure to comply with any of the rules will result in membership removal, as such you will be required to attend a meeting to discuss your actions and put a case forward to gain your membership back, the club reserves the right to remove anyone from the pools/club property at anytime, hostility towards other members/bailiffs will result in the police been contacted and you removed from the club/all waters permanently.**********
Please note, Chesterton Community Angling Club accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to fishing tackle, cars, persons or any other property however caused.